Rene Materiaux Composite (RMC), concerned with the quality of life of its employees, members, customers and the public, commits to continually improve its business practices, to decrease the environmental impacts of its activities, products, and services, for all of its branch plants. To do so, it commits to the following:
1. LAW-ABIDING COMPANY:
RMC must respect environmental laws, regulations, and other requirements when applicable.
2. POLLUTION PREVENTION:
RMC commits to invest in the prevention of pollution resulting from its activities.
3. EMERGENCY PLAN:
RMC has established and updates its emergency plans to adequately react to adverse environmental situations and gives its employees the necessary training to implement the specified plan.
4. ACQUISITIONS AND INVESTMENTS:
RMC has included in its investment and acquisition policy, an environmental evaluation of the businesses, activities, and assets it intends to acquire or begin.
5. PERSONNEL TRAINING:
RMC makes all of its employees and administrators aware of its environmental policies, goals, and projects. RMC has established environmental and risk prevention training programs for its administrators and employees in all of its enterprises and their activities.
6. ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY BROADCASTING:
RMC encourages its members, partners, associates and affiliated enterprises to adhere to its environmental policy.
7. ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY APPLICATION:
It obliges RMC‘s Management to assure the application of the environmental policy and to produce and submit an environmental activities report to Sigma Industries’ Vice President of Finance1 as often as requested, but at least once a year. The environmental activity report - addressed to Sigma Industries' Board of Directors by its Vice President of Finance - must at least deal with the following subjects:
- The derogation of environmental laws and regulations, environmental incidents including spills and disposal, and violation of the applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Anticipated initiatives of RMC, government, or other organizations which may have an impact on RMC or Sigma Industries and their activities. Follow-up results of the start-up and continuous improvement of the Environmental Management System Assessment of RMC’s performance in meeting the established goals of its environmental policy.
- A review of the action plans and adopted corrective actions to avoid the repetition of environmental irregularities and incidents.
8. ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY APPLICATION CONTROL:
Sigma Industries' Board of Directors mandates the Verification Committee of the Board to periodically check the application of the environmental policy by RMC and its branch plants.
1. RMC is a business unit of Sigma Industries Inc. For more information about Sigma visit http://www.sigmaindustries.ca