Groupe René Matériaux Composite was founded in 1977 by brothers Rene and Norbert Grenier, molding composite parts for the automotive aftermarket. Topping $85 million in sales in 2002, the firm was amalgamated into René Matériaux Composite Ltée in 2005, and purchased outright by Sigma Industries Inc. in June 2006. Rebranded as RMC in September 2011, the firm continues its 37 year tradition of providing unmatched value, responsiveness, and quality. RMC has become an industry leader in the manufacture of composite components for the heavy duty truck, transit, construction, and agricultural industries. The firm has developed strong, long term business relationships with its key customers, which include PACCAR, Volvo Truck, Volvo Bus & Construction, JLG, and Motor Coach Industries.
The Company’s business strategy is to offer a broad range of products, services, and technologies, rather than focusing on a limited number of parts specific to a narrow market. Not only does RMC fully master production requirements for build to print applications, it can move products through the following stages: Design, Modeling, Engineering, Prototyping, Pre‐production and Compliance Testing. Its highly experienced staffs guide customers through the entire process, building and maintaining the Company's reputation for reliability, quality, and innovation.
RMC aggressively searches for and introduces new technologies while optimizing existing systems to yield ever better products. With its consultative posture and expertise in R&D, advanced design, and manufacturing systems, RMC is emerging as a strategic partner for many of its customers.
The Company’s headquarters are located at René Matériaux Composite Ltée. ("RMC"), in Saint‐Éphrem‐de‐Beauce, Quebec, Canada, with a second facility located in Sainte‐Clotilde, Quebec. The firm’s 350 employees are skilled in the manufacture of composite parts for construction equipment as well as the road transport and bus industries. RMC’s commitment to innovation, creativity, and research into new production technologies has helped build strong relationships with its customers and suppliers. It has become a front runner in its field of expertise, gaining world‐wide recognition from leading OEMs in the heavy‐duty bus and truck industries.
Principle attributes of the company
- A well established, 37 year reputation in the composite and transportation industries
- A relatively young, aggressive management team;
- Loyal, well‐trained, motivated employees, with low turnover and absenteeism;
- A strong relationship with Tier1 customers such as Volvo, JLG, and PACCAR;
- An industry‐leading, diversified mix of composite processes;
- Intellectual properties that enhance the competitiveness of emerging, energy efficient transportation technologies;
- Custom designed equipment, and a strong manufacturing support infrastructure;
- A strong, adaptable operating structure, offering differentiated products and quick turn around;