Introducing Portal™, RMC’s revolutionary, low-cost tooling technology for affordable P-DCPD, your gateway to profits.
Continuous process improvement and innovation at RMC has yielded a process revolution that breaks the stranglehold of high tooling costs. For the first time, low-cost RIM tooling is available for low volume applications using P-DCPD! When production hits the capacity wall, Portal™ is the ideal upgrade from open-molding and RTM-lite, especially when a lightweight, high strength, thickness-controlled part with a Class “A” finish is required.
Typical applications include a wide range of parts for commercial trucks, buses and coaches, agricultural and construction equipment - particularly those subject to impact and requiring an excellent surface with outstanding paintability.
Portal P-DCPD is suited to the following applications:
- large hoods and engine side covers
- front and rear fascia panels for transit buses and OTRBs.
- instrument panels & side consoles
- access panels and hatches
- fenders and skirts where impact is an issue
- intricate grilles
- headlight and taillight bezels
- corrosion-resistant, high impact parts for marine environments
This low-cost, Class “A” polymer provides designers and engineers with a new set of tools to differentiate their product, control costs, and enhance margin.
Key Benefits of the Portal Tooling Process are:
- Low tooling investment- 1/10th the cost of CNC-machined aluminum
- Mold life cycle superior to open mold or RTM-lite
- 200 -1000 cycles, higher with hybrid molds
- Mold life can be extended indefinitely by generating new tooling surface from original master
- Moderate changes to geometry without breaking the bank
Engine and tank hoods for JLG’s telehandler