RMC is assuming a leading role in the development and supply of high-technology, Downright Light™ composite assemblies for OEMs seeking an advantage in the highly competitive vocational truck market. This particular market is emerging as the leading edge in the application of HEV technology, where distance between charges and mean distance between failures are critical. Lightweighting will be key to making EV technology pay off.
Leveraging its Intellectual Properties (IP), RMC’s Black Box Solutions™ (BBS) has developed proprietary, market-oriented technologies that support its clients’ lightweighting initiatives.
BBS’ innovative, lightweight CoE vocational cab concept combines fatigue resistant aluminum profiles and composite structural panels to create a monocoque body shell with the following benefits:
- 15% lighter than an existing aluminum cab
- 40% lower cost to produce than current cab
- 42% increase in capacity utilization of existing cab-assembly facilities & labour
- Improved access to engine
- Best-in-class operator egress
- Superior corrosion resistance